Bible Study will be held on Zoom and in person. The Zoom link can be found at this link or through the following ID and Passcode:
Meeting ID: 869 7716 2996
What is the difference between preaching and teaching?
What is the rhetorical question asked in verse 11? What is the implied answer?
Two assumptions must be identified that were taken for granted by the audience:
- God’s law established the priesthood.
- God is able to intervene and establish a new royal and priestly dynasty.
Based on Psalm 110:4, there are five inferences about this new Priest:
- Hebrews 7:12: A change of law will come with the change of priesthood.
- Hebrews 7:13: The new priest comes from a different tribe than any other priest that served at the altar.
- Hebrews 7:14-16: Jesus, as a member of the tribe of Judah, arises to High Priest by the power of indestructible life.
- Hebrews 7:17: God has appointed this to happen according to His Word.
- Hebrews 7:18-19: This is a better means of access to God.